Microneedling with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)therapy is used in unification. Helping restore a clearer, younger-looking complexion and enhance skin texture. Micro needling can target acne scars, sun damage, wrinkles, new collagen and elastin as well!
A very safe and effective treatment for adults with all skin types who wish to improve their skin quality. PRP is the plasma that is separated out from your blood when it is spun in a centrifuge. Normal blood contains approximately 6% platelets. With the platelets being extracted from the blood, isolated and concentrated by means of centrifugation, a concentration of 94% platelets can be achieved and translates into a powerful growth factor cocktail. Cellular tissue regeneration is dramatically accelerated, which makes this a very successful skin rejuvenation treatment. The platelet rich plasma is often called ‘”liquid gold” or referred to as the “Vampire Facial” since PRP is obtained from a patient’s own blood.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy:
PRP therapy was first developed, used and validated for orthopedic surgery with a body of clinical literature accumulated over more than thirty years. In this treatment, the healing platelets from blood plasma separated from a patient’s own blood are re-injected into the body to enhance healing.
Platelets are tiny blood cells that are important in the clotting process. As the clot is formed, the platelets release enzymes that promote healing and play a role in tissue regeneration by attracting stem cells to aid in the repair of a damaged area.
When used with Microneedling (PRP facial). The patient’s own blood is drawn, treated, and then the platelet-rich plasma is dripped onto the skin while micro needling is performed. Injections of PRP can also be done into strategic areas to encourage skin healing and renewal through new collagen production and fresh skin cells full of human growth factors. This increase in collagen and growth factors create more youthful, plumper, and firmer appearing skin.*
As a result of the Plasma, the patient’s skin is naturally refreshed with little downtime.
How long does a PRP treatment take?
The total procedure including numbing usually takes about 2 hours. Avoid using make-up 24-48 hours post procedure.
What do I need to do before a treatment?
- Be sure that you have not used Accutane in the last 6 months.
- Discontinue any use of retinol and Retin A (tretinoin) medication.
- Avoid the use of NSAIDS (ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Naproxen, Aspirin, etc.) 3-7 days before procedure (Tylenol is ok for pain relief right up to and including the day of procedure – do not exceed 4000mg in a 24-hour period).
- Avoid the following nutritional supplements for 3-7 days before procedure - Ginkgo Biloba, Garlic, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, Flax Oil, Curcumin and other anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Avoid the systemic use of corticosteroids for 1-2 weeks before the procedure.
- Avoid Alcohol and Cigarettes for 3-7 days before the procedure.
- HYDRATE very well the day before and the day of the procedure for ease of blood draw.
How many treatments will I need?
Treatments are spaced 3-4 weeks apart with 3 or 6 treatments needed, depending upon what is being treated. Visible changes will develop over the course of several weeks.*
*Individual results may vary. Any specific claims or permanence length of results vary for each patient and are not guaranteed. Each treatment plan is designed for a patient’s needs, so depending on the area being treated and the condition of the skin each patient will see different results. Please call or schedule a consultation to discuss your treatment plan and the results that can be achieved for you.