Sun exposure, acne or just getting older can leave your skin tone uneven, wrinkled, spotted or scarred. If you want your skin to look smoother and younger, consider a chemical peel – a chemical solution to smooth the texture of your skin by removing the damaged outer layers.
A chemical peel, also called derma peeling, is one of the least invasive ways to improve the appearance of your skin. Although chemical peels are used mostly on the face, they can also be used to improve the skin on your neck and hands.
You Can Improve:
- Acne or superficial acne scarring
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Rough, dry skin and scaly patches
- Sun-damaged skin
At Velvet Effect Lasers we carry both Superficial and Medium Grade Chemical Peels
Superficial peels are light chemical peels that offer subtle improvements at first, but dramatic results over time. This kind of peel removes just the outer layer of skin (epidermis) in a light exfoliation and results in a healthier glow that continues to increase with more treatments. You can repeat these treatments weekly for up to six weeks to achieve your desired results without any down time or complications to your skin. Return once a month to maintain your vibrant new look.
Medium peels generally produce more dramatic results than superficial peels because they penetrate more deeply into the layers of the skin. This type of peel can be applied up to four times per year.
OBAGI BLUE RADIANCE PEEL
Enhance the Look and Feel of Your Skin Within Minutes
The Obagi Blue Peel RADIANCE is a unique blend of salicylic, glycolic and lactic acids designed to provide a gentle but effective peel, resulting in brighter, tighter-looking skin immediately after just 1 use.
- Improves a range of skin concerns, including photo-damage, and results in an overall improvement in texture and tone
- May be beneficial if you have darker skin with pigmentary changes. Works in conjunction with the Obagi Nu-Derm System.
- Superficial exfoliation, with little to no downtime
- A series of 4 to 6 peels provides best overall results
A medium grade peel, the VI Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients for all skin types. This peel provides dramatic results with virtually no pain, no skin preparation and little downtime. Why wait weeks or months for results? Enjoy radiant, younger looking skin in about a week with the VI PEEL.
- Improve tone, texture and clarity of the skin.
- Reduce or eliminate age spots, freckles and hyper-pigmentation, including melasma.
- Soften lines and wrinkles.
- Clear acne skin conditions.
- Reduce or eliminate acne scars.
- Stimulate the production of collagen for firmer, more youthful skin.
This peel provides superior results for all skin types (Fitzpatrick 1-6). Regular use of the VI PEEL (two to four peels per year), along with proper home care, reverses sun damage. It treats hyper-pigmentation, including melasma, acne and acne scars, loss of firmness and rosacea. The peel is also suited for the eye area, chest, hands, arms and back.
Ingredients: TCA, Tretinoic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Phenol, Vitamin C and a mineral blend.